Timeless Design. Timeless Location. Time For You.
An icon of mid-century modern architecture, 1271 Avenue of the Americas has always used design to inspire and elevate the work day. An extensive top-to-bottom renovation means that this world-renowned building will continue to turn heads well into the future.
The building’s transformation is being led by Pei Cobb Freed & Partners, recognized for nearly six decades as one of the world’s preeminent architecture and planning firms. This comprehensive project will dramatically improve views and light with a new exterior facade, revive the plaza, and reimagine the lobby’s bold design.
We’ve retained the iconic identity of the building, and evolved it for the workplace of the future. Our attention to detail extends from infrastructure upgrades to improved energy efficiency to creating a brighter, healthier, more pleasant work environment.
- New high-efficiency double-glazed curtain wall with nearly 60% more vision glass
- New high-performance perimeter HVAC system
- Modernized elevators with destination dispatch controls
- New elevator cab interiors
- Currently LEED Silver; LEED Gold certification is anticipated
- Platinum Wired certification with superior technology infrastructure
Reimagining a Classic Lobby
Building improvements include an extensive restoration and reconfiguration of the unique and historic lobby.
The Making of an Icon
Opened in 1959, 1271 Avenue of the Americas was the first expansion of Rockefeller Center across Sixth Avenue.